HI, I’M ALEKSA GORDIĆ
I’m a Research Engineer at Google DeepMind.
I’m always creating, learning, and educating others – be it some ML project, Android/web/uC/Arduino/Raspberry PI app, or Slack/Twitter bot you name it I probably tinkered with it.
- Incoming Research Engineer at DeepMind
- Founder of The AI Epiphany
- Software/ML Engineer @ Microsoft (September 2018 – July 2021)
- Software Research Engineer @ UFOP, Brazil, summer of 2018
- Microsoft’s ML summer camp, summer of 2018
- Android software developer @ Telocate (german startup), summer of 2017
In Microsoft I was a part of an organization of 2 events:
- PSI: ML – Petnica Summer Institute of Machine Learning
- internal Microsoft’s ML course and various other ML efforts
I did my bachelor’s in electronics & computer science at the School of Electrical Engineering in Belgrade. My thesis was about using an Android app to control various uC submodules via Bluetooth.
But since I was a kid, I was constantly learning on my own. During my studies, in parallel, I was doing courses from MIT, Stanford, etc., and working on my personal projects (building Android apps, doing competitive programming for a brief time, etc.).
For example, in my final undergrad year, I learned Android using some online courses and doing personal projects and I landed an Android dev internship in Germany in the summer of 2017.
I was always into sports and (human) languages. I currently speak 5 languages those being:
Serbian, English, German, Spanish, and Portuguese.
I definitely need to work on my Portuguese though.
Hey but I also love programming languages! I’m especially fluent in:
Python and C++
But I also speak a bunch of other languages like C, C#, Java, Haskell … and I’m a fast learner.
I am always in for some cool projects! And, I won’t lie, earning some extra $.
If you have some questions or projects for me feel free to submit the form.
I really, really love penguins.