HI, I’M ALEKSA GORDIĆ
I’m a Research Engineer at Google DeepMind working on Visual Language Models (VLMs).
I’m always creating, hacking, learning, and educating.
I was always into sports (martial arts, calisthenics, powerlifting, etc.) and (human) languages. I currently speak 5 languages (sorted from better to worse) those being:
Serbian, English, German, Spanish, and Portuguese.
I did my bachelor’s in electronics & computer science at the School of Electrical Engineering in Belgrade. My thesis was on using Android to control various uC submodules via Bluetooth.
Ever since I was a kid, I was constantly learning on my own (I think it was partially out of spite – being unhappy with official schooling).
- [Forbes] Has There Been A Second AI Big Bang
- [Analytics India Magazine] Interview With Aleksa Gordić, Machine Learning Engineer at Microsoft
- [London Futurists] Stability and combinations, with Aleksa Gordić
- [London Futurists] AI Transformers in context, with Aleksa Gordić
- [Curiosity] Becoming a Research Engineer at DeepMind & Founding The AI Epiphany
- [AI Stories Podcast – Neil Leiser] Aleksa Gordic – Research Engineer at Deepmind & Founder of the AI Epiphany
- At Microsoft I was a part of an organization of PSI: ML – Petnica Summer Institute of Machine Learning, as well as a mentor, and lecturer.
I am always in for some cool projects! And, I won’t lie, earning some extra $.
If you have some questions or projects for me feel free to submit the form.
I really, really love penguins.